Dunstan near Craster
- Booking Info
Why we love this holiday cottage?
- Lovely coastal location only one mile from the pretty fishing village of Craster
- Cosy and comfortable, this sweet little coastal cottage is perfect for small families and couples
- Fantastic unspoilt location with real Northumbrian charm, ideal for exploring the Northumberland heritage coast in either direction
- Close to beautiful Embleton Bay with its dramatic ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle
- Next door to the Cottage Inn( which benefits from free wifi) handy for a refreshing drink or meal overlooking the pretty gardens, if you don’t fancy cooking
- Babies, children and one well behaved dog welcome
- Set over two floors, there is one fresh and pretty double bedroom and a smaller second bedroom with full size bunk beds
- This cottage has a beautifully updated bathroom boasting a bath and overhead shower with decorative tiling and a glass shower door
- Open plan living room and kitchen with a warm and cosy atmosphere and feature exposed beams
- Pretty cream country style kitchen, well equipped for all your basic needs with fold down dining table and chairs
There is a small lawned seating area to the front of the cottage with on street parking and a separate parking space available at the end of the cottage row.
There is no shop in Dunstan but in Craster just 10 minutes walk away there is a convenient store for all your essentials. There is also a fine traditional smokery where you can buy the world famous Craster kippers, smoked salmon and other local seafood. There is also a restaurant for a delicious fish supper.
Within the nearby market town of Alnwick there is a wide variety of shops and just outside of the town there is a large Sainsbury’s. In the same location there is a new leisure centre and swimming pool.
There are some fine restaurants within Alnwick town centre and the surrounding areas. Here are a few which come highly recommended.
- The Cottage Inn, just next door sits in 6 acres of pretty garden and also does bed and breakfast and pub meals ( free wifi )
- The Ship at Newton by the Sea is a lovely traditional pub and has a good reputation for its local seafood menu. It’s a great location looking over the beach and is a perfect stop for a crab sandwich after a walk along the coastal path
- The Jolly Fisherman Pub at Craster does real ale and in the winter always has a welcoming roaring fire
Places to See Nearby
- Ash Cottage is the perfect cosy coastal retreat for exploring the stunning Northumberland Heritage Coast. With the traditional fishing village of Craster only 1 mile away and beautiful Embleton Bay just 2.5 miles away, this really is a great base.
The traditional fishing village of Craster is famous for it’s smoked kippers and also offers shops, café’s and a wonderful walk along the coast to Dunstanbrough
- Embleton Bay in particular has a magnificent stretch of golden sandy beach and also boasts the dramatic ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle
- Howick Hall is a fine grade II* listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best in Britain
- The market town of Alnwick is just a short drive away around 6 miles where you can visit the fabulous Alnwick Castle and Gardens, home to the ancient Percy family
- Take a boat trip to Coquet Island and go puffin and seal spotting. Explore the beautiful Northumberland coast, Bamburgh, Holy island and The Farne Islands are all within easy reach.
There are many enjoyable coastal walks and golfing and fishing are also available close by
- TV and DVD player
- Fridge with Ice box
- Electric heaters
- Baby cot
- Stair gate
- High chair
- Towels and Linen provided
- Free wifi in pub next door
- TV and DVD player
- Sleeps: Up to 4 people plus cot
- Bedrooms: 1 Double, 1 Twin (bunk beds)
- Bathrooms: 1 (bath and shower)
- Pets: One well behaved dog (Please note dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture )
- Disabled Access: Sorry no, not suitable
- Arrival: 3:30pm
- Departure: By 10am
- Children: Very welcome
- Entertainment: TV and DVD player