- Booking Info
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage!
- Luxury coastal holiday cottage, spacious and stylish, just perfect for families…relax, unwind and enjoy sun sea and sand
- Tucked away in one of the prettiest and most iconic seaside villages on the Northumberland coast…designated Area of Outstanding natural Beauty
- This beautiful coastal holiday cottage is only a five minute stroll to the beautiful golden sands of Alnmouth
- Fabulous secluded woodland garden with plenty of safe space for children to play
- Amazing treehouse and Tarzan swing within the garden
- Wonderful scenic walks and masses of wildlife on your doorstep
- Midwood lodge can be booked with adjoining Midwood cottage for larger family groups, the layout giving a perfect combination of privacy and togetherness! ( There are two internal doors which can be opened to link the two properties)
- Two lovely spacious bedrooms, one with kingsize bed, the other with a bed children will adore, triple bunk beds! A double bunk on the bottom and a single on the top
- Luxurious family bathroom with smart contemporary bathroom suite and shower over the bath.
- Stunning, stylishly furnished open plan lounge with plenty of comfy sofas to relax on and a separate dining area with large dining table.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher and a washer/dryer
- Wonderful sunny conservatory with doors to private patio area, perfect for when you need a little peace and quiet… relax with a book or a glass of wine and look out over the lovely garden.
Garden and outside
- Access for Midwood Lodge is down a long private drive that is shared with Midwood cottage.
- Parking for three cars on site ( If booked with Midwood cottage there will be parking for 5 cars )
- There is a huge secluded woodland garden surrounding the property, an absolute paradise for children of all ages. With a fantastic treehouse lit with fairylights, a Tarzan swing and lots of room for outdoor games
- There are doors from the conservatory to a lovely private patio area so you can enjoy alfresco dining during the summer months
Alnmouth is an extremely pretty seaside village on the Northumberland coast, lying within an area of outstanding natural beauty.It benefits from a variety of shops, cafes and good pubs. There are two golf courses in Alnmouth but its crowning glory must be the beautiful golden beach.A large supermarket deliver groceries to the area on request and there is a large Sainsbury’s in nearby Alnwick. In the same location is a large new leisure centre with swimming pool.Alnmouth is famous for its Arts festival which takes place in June.
Eating outThere are some excellent places to eat out, here are a few which come highly recommended
- The Red Lion in Alnmouth has a very good reputation for family meals as does the Coach Inn in Lesbury.
- Blackmores in Alnwick offers contemporary and innovative cuisine
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all local sourced produce and organic meats.
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor serves great bar meals and also has an excellent restaurant
Places to See Nearby
- A visit to Bamburgh with its magnificent castle and wonderful beach …
- A day out to Holy Island (check the crossing times before setting out)
- Or take a boat trip to the Farne Islands to go seal or puffin spotting!
- Alnwick Castle and Garden with giant treehouse makes for a wonderful day out
- Howick Hall is a fine Grade II * listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best coastal gardens in Britain
- Mainline London to Edinburgh train stops here
- Nearest train station: Alnmouth (¾ mile)
- On local bus route
- Cottage in coastal Location
- Welcome tray
- Woodburning stove with free fuel
- Flat screen TV
- Free WiFi
- DVD player
- DAB radio
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Electric cooker
- Indoor and outdoor toys and games for children
- Huge enclosed garden with tree house, fairy lights and Tarzan swing
- Patio area
- Outdoor furniture
- No smoking please
- Baby equipment available
- High chair
- Travel cot
- Sleeps: 5 people plus sofa bed for one child
- Can be rented with Midwood cottage to accommodate an extra two guests
- Bedrooms: 1 kingsize bedroom, 1 bedroom sleeping 3, in a triple bunk with a double bed and a single bed above
- Pets: Sorry no pets
- Disabled Access: Accommodation all on ground floor
- Arrival: 3pm
- Departure: By 10am
- Children: Lots of Toys, games and books, treehouse and tyre swing outdoors
- Babies: Travel Cot and High Chair
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV, DVD player and Free Wifi
- Outdoor Furniture: table chairs, BBQ, Secure Bike Storage