- Booking Info
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage!
- Beautiful 4 star coastal cottage in the stunning location of Alnmouth
- Relax and rejuvenate in this lovely coastal holiday cottage, a perfect bolthole for couples or small families
- Tucked away in one of the prettiest and most iconic seaside villages on the Northumberland coast…designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Five minute stroll from the cottage to the beautiful golden sands of Alnmouth
- Fabulous secluded woodland garden with plenty of safe space for children to play
- Amazing treehouse and Tarzan swing within the garden
- Wonderful scenic walks and masses of wildlife on your doorstep
- Midwood cottage is beautifully decorated and furnished in a fresh and pretty New England style. There is a lovely light and airy kingsize bedroom with a luxurious en-suite shower room
- The open plan lounge kitchen/diner is spacious, with comfortable seating and a round dining table that seats four. A door opens onto the wonderful secluded woodland garden
- The kitchen is well equipped with dishwasher, electric cooker and washer/dryer
Garden and outside
- Access for Midwood holiday cottage is down a long private drive that is shared with Midwood lodge.
- Parking for two cars on site
- There is a huge secluded woodland garden surrounding the property, an absolute paradise for children of all ages. With a fantastic treehouse lit with fairylights, a Tarzan swing and lots of room for outdoor games
- There is a lovely patio area so you can enjoy alfresco dining during the summer months
Alnmouth is an extremely pretty seaside village on the Northumberland coast, lying within an area of outstanding natural beauty.It benefits from a variety of shops, cafes, good pubs and it’s very own art gallery. There are two golf courses in Alnmouth but its crowning glory must be the beautiful golden beach.A large supermarket deliver groceries to the area on request and there is a large Sainsbury’s in nearby Alnwick. In the same location is a large new leisure centre with swimming pool.Alnmouth is famous for its Arts festival which takes place in June.
Eating outThere are some excellent places to eat out, here are a few which come highly recommended
- The Red Lion in Alnmouth has a very good reputation for family meals as does the Coach Inn in Lesbury.
- Blackmores in Alnwick offers contemporary and innovative cuisine
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all local sourced produce and organic meats.
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor serves great bar meals and also has an excellent restaurant
Places to See Nearby
- A visit to Bamburgh with its magnificent castle and wonderful beach …
- A day out to Holy Island (check the crossing times before setting out)
- Or take a boat trip to the Farne Islands to go seal or puffin spotting!
- Alnwick Castle and Garden with giant treehouse makes for a wonderful day out
- Howick Hall is a fine Grade II * listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best coastal gardens in Britain
- Mainline London to Edinburgh train stops here
- Nearest train station: Alnmouth (¾ mile)
- On local bus route
- Cottage in coastal location
- Welcome tray
- Flat screen TV
- Free WiFi
- DVD player
- DAB radio
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Electric cooker
- Toys books and games for children
- Huge enclosed garden with tree house, fairy lights and Tarzan swing
- Patio area
- Outdoor furniture
- No smoking please
- Baby equipment available
- High chair
- Travel cot
- Sleeps: Up to 6 people plus cot
- Bedrooms: 2 King-size, 1 Twin
- Pets: One well behaved dog
- Disabled Access: No
- Arrival: 4pm
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Travel Cot and High Chair
- Entertainment: 2 Flat screen TVs, DVD player, Wifi
My partner and I stayed in this super cottage for a 3 night break beginning of March. The cottage we booked was the smaller of the two as we wanted romantic break. This cottage is of excellent standard and has everything you need, the furnishings are well cared for and the layout of the cottage is great. We loved the welcoming touch from the owners of the wine and chocolates, all reviews we read in the cottage guest book are of great value and a credit to the owners. The larger of the cottages looks well furnished and of the same high standard as the smaller cottage. The cottage is well situated and there is a bus top to the train station, Newcastle and alnwick at the top of the drive. The coastline nearby is beautiful and you can walk for miles through along the coast to the neighbouring villages. This is a little Gem of a cottage and we would highly recommend it to all couples and small families, if you have a larger party the larger cottage is more suitable. Both cottages are not suitable for Pets.
Truly 1st Class We spent four nights at Midwood Cottage in april and are hoping to return in September. We enjoyed our short stay in the cottage and loved the village and surrounding area which ahs so much to offer. It is a quality property with every comfort of home and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
I cannot recommend Midwood Cottage highly enough! From the booking to the leaving everything was exceptional! Very friendly owners who did everything possible to make sure we had a good holiday,from useful information to a lovely welcome on arrival of fresh flowers,chocolate,wine and a home made cake...just fabulous! The cottage is equipped with everything you could possibly need and the tasteful accommodation was spotlessly clean and exceptionally comfortable! Overall we had a lovely holiday of long walks and cosy nights in lovely Midwood Cottage...we will be looking to book again!
We have stayed here three times now and love the cottage. It is very cosy and comfortable - slept so well here! It has everything you need for a great holiday, and addition of Wi-Fi is very helpful. Alnmouth is a lovely village with good pubs and shops and the most fantastic beach. you are a short drive from lots of local attractions - Seahouses and the Alnwick Garden are my favourites but there is lots to choose from. Highly recommended.
We have just returned from Midwood Cottage in Alnmouth where we had a really lovely break. We arrived to a warm cosy cottage with an amazing welcome tray with home made cake , biscuits and some chocolate and fresh flowers and from then on everything was perfect. The furnishings and facilities were first class and the village and surrounding area were great to explore. This was a lovely place to come home to after a day out in the fresh air and we will be back.
My partner and I enjoyed a three night break at this cottage and we only wish it could have been longer. The cottage was very clean and furnished to a high standard, in my opinion well deserving of its 4 star rating. A "welcome pack" consisting of wine, flowers and homemade cake was a lovely gesture and well received! The cottage is only a couple of minutes walk from the main street in Alnmouth, and is ideally situated for local walks and access to the estuary and beach. It had its own car port and space on the driveway for parking, which was very convenient. We found Alnmouth to be a lovely village, with pubs, tea shops, post office and gift shop. During our short stay we went on a number of walks along the coastline and into the surrounding village of Lesbury. So peaceful and relaxing. We hope to return to Alnmouth for a longer break next time and stay once again in the comfort of Midwood Cottage.