Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
Just a five minute walk from the beautiful seaside village of Alnmouth is Midwood Lodge, our luxury coastal holiday cottage perfect for families or groups of friends, looking for a coastal holiday with scenic walks and masses of wildlife right on your doorstep. Relax and unwind, and experience the beautiful golden sands of the Northumberland coast. Enjoy a fabulous secluded woodland garden with plenty of safe space for children to play and an amazing treehouse and Tarzan swing within the garden.
- Two lovely spacious bedrooms, one with kingsize bed, the other with a bed children will adore, triple bunk beds! A double bunk on the bottom and a single on the top
- Luxurious family bathroom with smart contemporary bathroom suite and shower over the bath.
- Stunning, stylishly furnished open plan lounge with plenty of comfy sofas to relax on and a separate dining area with large dining table.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher and a washer/dryer
- Wonderful sunny conservatory with doors to private patio area, perfect for when you need a little peace and quiet… relax with a book or a glass of wine and look out over the lovely garden.
- Midwood Lodge can be booked with adjoining Midwood Cottage for larger family groups, the layout giving a perfect combination of privacy and togetherness! ( There are two internal doors which can be opened to link the two properties)
Garden and outside
- Access for Midwood Lodge is down a long private drive that is shared with Midwood cottage.
- Parking for three cars on site (if booked with Midwood cottage there will be parking for 5 cars )
- There is a huge secluded woodland garden surrounding the property, an absolute paradise for children of all ages. With a fantastic treehouse lit with fairylights, a Tarzan swing and lots of room for outdoor games.
- There are doors from the conservatory to a lovely private patio area so you can enjoy alfresco dining during the summer months.
- Alnmouth is an extremely pretty seaside village on the Northumberland coast, lying within an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- It benefits from a variety of shops, cafes and good pubs. There are two golf courses in Alnmouth but its crowning glory must be the beautiful golden beach.
- A large supermarket deliver groceries to the area on request and there is a large Sainsbury’s in nearby Alnwick. In the same location is a large new leisure centre with swimming pool.
- Alnmouth is famous for its Arts festival which takes place in June.
There are some excellent places to eat out, here are a few which come highly recommended:
- The Red Lion in Alnmouth has a very good reputation for family meals as does the Coach Inn in Lesbury.
- Blackmores in Alnwick offers contemporary and innovative cuisine.
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all local sourced produce and organic meats.
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor serves great bar meals and also has an excellent restaurant.
Places to See Nearby
- A visit to Bamburgh with its magnificent castle and wonderful beach …
- A day out to Holy Island (check the crossing times before setting out)
- Or take a boat trip to the Farne Islands to go seal or puffin spotting!
- Alnwick Castle and Garden with giant treehouse makes for a wonderful day out
- Howick Hall is a fine Grade II listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best coastal gardens in Britain
- Mainline London to Edinburgh train stops here
- Nearest train station: Alnmouth (¾ mile)
- On local bus route
- Welcome pack
- Woodburning stove with free fuel
- Flat screen TV
- Free WiFi
- DVD player
- DAB radio
- Electric cooker
- Huge enclosed garden with tree house, fairy lights and Tarzan swing
- Patio area
- Outdoor furniture
- Secure bike storgae
- Sleeps: 5 people plus sofa bed for one child (Can be rented with Midwood cottage to accommodate an extra two guests)
- Bedrooms: 1 kingsize bedroom, 1 bedroom sleeping 3, in a triple bunk with a double bed and a single bed above
- Pets: No.
- Disabled Access: Accommodation all on ground floor.
- Smoking: No
- Arrival: 3pm
- Departure: By 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books, treehouse and tyre swing outdoors
- Babies: Travel cot and high chair available.