- Booking Info
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage!
- This lovely seaside holiday home, full of style and coastal charm is the perfect place for an old fashioned family beach holiday
- In a fabulous location it lies nestled in a huddle of pretty cottages with the rear garden gate opening straight onto the dunes of Beadnell Bay
- Follow the short sandy path through the dunes down to one of the most beautiful beaches in Northumberland
- Beadnell’s picturesque harbour with its ancient lime kilns is abuzz with beach and boat-life and all sorts of water sports are available on your doorstep
- The gorgeous and seemingly endless sweep of soft white sand is the perfect place to relax and take in some sun
- A wonderful destination for exploring Northumberland Heritage Coast, Bamburgh and Seahouses are only a stones throw away and boats from Seahouses harbour can take you to Lindisfarne and the Farne Islands to visit grey seals and puffins
- Beadnell village and The Craster Arms Beadnell ( a great family pub!) are just a short walk
- Upstairs you will find a large, light and airy master bedroom with kingsize bed and its own charming seating area with flat screen TV. Enjoy a relaxing breakfast in bed… throw open the french windows, breathe in the salty air and take in the delightful sea view from the balcony
- Also on the first floor, another very pretty bedroom with a double bed and a family bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Downstairs three further spacious bedrooms one kingsize, one twin and a large single room with bunk beds.
- There is another family bathroom with a p-shaped bath with shower over on the ground floor.
- There is a spacious, light and stylishly furnished lounge with cosy log burner and large comfortable sofas, just the place for spending some quality family time and winter evenings in front of a roaring fire
- Cook and eat in style in the extremely well equipped country kitchen. Decorated with a jolly seaside theme complete with range cooker, large fridge freezer, washer, dishwasher and an extra large dining table for lovely family get- togethers
- To the rear of Sea Cottage is a paved patio area with doors opening from the lounge, here you will find good quality outdoor furniture perfect for an alfresco breakfast or an evening barbecue
- The sheltered patio is a real sun trap in the afternoons… relax and soak up the rays while Dad takes the kids to the beach
- Behind the patio rises a grassy slope with steps cut into it and a gate straight out on to the dunes of Beadnell Bay… what about a barbecue on the beach or some late night stargazing across the bay
- Fully enclosed garden
- There is parking for three cars
Beadnell is situated on the north Northumberland coast in an area of outstanding natural beauty and it benefits from the only west facing harbour on the east coast of England.
It is a wildlife haven and has the largest mainland colony of Arctic Terns in the UK, the bay is also a superb facility for all water based sports and recreations and has boat launch facilities at the harbour end of the beachIf you have ever wanted to try water sports everything is available on your doorstep.You could try lessons in diving, snorkelling, surfing, bodyboarding, fishing, even kiteboarding! wet suits, masks, body boards etc are available to hire in Beadnell.Cycles are also available while staying at this Sand and Castle cottage, Contact Boards and Bikes, Beadnell Seahouses and Bamburgh.This is a great holiday destination for the active but if you prefer a quieter life Beadnell’s huge beach with its soft white sand is the perfect place to get away from it all.
Beadnell village and its pretty church are within easy walking distance of the cottage. There is a great family pub The Craster Arms boasting a beer garden and good food and Sea Breeze shop
The nearest shops are in Seahouses, including Swallow Fish, whilst Bamburgh has Carters which is an excellent butcher, and there is a large Sainsbury just outside of Alnwick.
Eating out or eating in
Coming highly recommended by the owners areThe Joiners Arms at Newton-by-the-sea, a village pub and Inn with a contemporary twist, serving excellent country food and drinkThe Mizen Head at Bamburgh has an excellent restaurant… or when you just have to have a curry, or a take out, the Brasserie in nearby SeahousesIf you wish you can treat yourselves to a delicious a meal on arrival, or if you have a special occasion you would like to celebrate while staying at the Sea Cottage in-house catering can be arranged.There are some fine restaurants within Alnwick town centre and the surrounding areas. Here are a few which come highly recommended.
- Blackmores in Alnwick offers contemporary and innovative cuisine
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all local sourced produce and organic meats
- Wilkins Fine Dining will do in house catering if your require a special meal for a birthday or celebration
Places to See Nearby
- Alnwick Castle with its Harry Potter connections and the world famous Alnwick Garden make for a wonderful day out for adults and children with lots to see.
- Historic Bamburgh with its spectacular castle and wonderful beach, Seahouses with the Ocean club, great fish and chips and lots of gift shops or take a look at the beautiful villages of Alnmouth and Warkworth and their lovely beaches
- Chillingham Castle said to be the most haunted castle in England is nearby or venture further afield to Rothbury and the Cragside Hall estate, in Victorian times the former home of Lord Armstrong and the first house to be lit by electric light
- Take a boat trip to Holy Island or The Farne Islands from the harbour
- Five Star
- Cottage on the beach
- Fully enclosed garden
- Spa membership (charges apply)
- Wood Burning Stove
- 2 Flat screen TV with Freeview
- DVD Player
- Digital Radio
- Free Wi fi
- Range cooker
- Private garden, parking for 3 cars
- Outdoor furniture
- No Smoking
- Baby equipment Cot and High Chair
- (Please note we do not supply cot bedding)
- Sleeps: Up to 10 people plus cot
- Bedrooms: 2 King-size 1 double, 1 Twin, 1 bunk beds
- Pets: One well behaved dog
- Disabled Access: No
- Arrival: 4pm
- Departure: 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Equipment available on request cot, high chair
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV with Free-view, DVD player