£850 - £1800
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
Gold award winner by Visit Britain, Coast Cottage is a large period cottage situated in the Northumbrian village Longhoughton. This chic, coastal holiday home is the perfect house for family get-togethers, wedding-party accommodation or for a break catching up with old friends. Only a two minute drive from the cottage down a farm track, is the beautiful beach, Sugar Sands, boasting soft white sand and rock pools… perfect for children, or a five minute drives takes you to the historical town of Alnwick, home of both Alnwick Castle and Garden.
- Four beautiful bedrooms, (three kingsize, one twin) with pretty sash windows overlooking the lovely cottage garden.
- Light and airy master suite on first floor with large roll top bath for you to relax in and a double walk in shower from which you can glimpse the sea.
- One ground floor bedroom with luxury shower room.
- Large family bathroom with bath/overhead shower.
- Stunning, stylishly furnished lounge/dining room, which in Victorian times was the village reading room. Now you can relax into the large comfortable sofas in front of the wood-burning stove and enjoy your favourite novel.
- Cook up a culinary delight in the well-equipped country kitchen with range cooker, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
Garden and outside
- Roses, honeysuckle and lavender adorn the cottage and garden throughout the summer months.
- The large rear garden is fully enclosed and the large lawned areas provide plenty of safe space for children to play. In the summer when the many trees are in leaf the garden is extremely private so is perfect for alfresco dining or an evening barbecue.
- Adult and children’s bikes are stored in the shed.
- If you are feeling energetic head down the farm lane at the side of the cottage to the beautiful coastal path, take in the sea air or enjoy a walk along the beautiful sandy bay.
- Off road parking is available for four cars.
- At the bottom of the lane that runs to the side of the cottage is the aptly named Sugar Sands. This beautiful sandy beach is perfect for children, soft white sand and rock pools at one end, so bring your fishing nets!
- It is a pleasant twenty minute walk to reach the beach or take the car and be there in a couple of minutes. Plenty of free parking on the links and you can stay all day if you wish.
- Within the village there is a handy convenience store for all your necessities, which also has a DVD rental corner, great for keeping the kids entertained on a rainy afternoon. There is also a post office and a pretty Saxon church, well worth a look.
- ASDA deliver groceries to the area on request and there is a large Sainsbury’s in nearby Alnwick. In the same location is large new leisure centre with swimming pool.
- The village of Longhoughton lies just 4.5 miles east of Alnwick.
- There are pubs in surrounding villages, the nearest being The Fishing Boat Inn at Boulmer just three minutes drive away.
- There are some fine restaurants within Alnwick town centre and the surrounding areas. Here are a few which come highly recommended.
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all locally sourced produce and organic meats.
- Wilkins Fine Dining will do in house catering if you require a special meal for a birthday or celebration.
- Blackmore’s in Alnwick offers contemporary and innovative cuisine.
Places to See Nearby
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens makes for a wonderful day out with lots to see.
- Howick Hall is a fine Grade II listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best coastal gardens in Britain.
- Walkworth, Alnmouth and Embleton all have wonderful beaches and are within easy reach of Coast Cottage but the nearest beach is the well kept local secret, Sugar Sands.
- Take a boat trip to Coquet Island and go puffin and seal spotting. Bamburgh, Holy Island and the The Farne Islands are all within easy reach too.
- Many good golf courses nearby nearest being Alnmouth, Foxton and Dunstanburgh.
- Gold Award from Visit Britain and Sand and Castle
- Luxurious, fine linen from The White Company
- Complementary toiletries
- Welcome pack
- Luxury bathrooms
- Wood Burning Stove
- Period Features
- 2 Flat Screen TVs
- Digital radio
- DVD Player
- Free Wi-Fi
- Range Cooker
- Parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor furniture
- Sleeps: Up to 8 people plus cots
- Bedrooms: 3 king-size, 1 twin
- Bathrooms : 3 bathrooms (Master with ensuite bathroom, 1 ensuite and 1 family bathroom with bath/overhead shower)
- Pets: One well behaved dog
- Disabled Access: Maybe suitable for partially disabled as there is a ground floor bedroom and en-suite. Be aware there are two single internal steps on the ground floor.
- Smoking: No
- Arrival: 4pm (later by arrangement)
- Departure: Before 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Equipment available on request. 2 X travel cots, Cot bed, 2X high chairs, Steam sterilizer, Changing Unit
We have enjoyed staying in this very special cottage - thank you so much for all the thoughtful touches and your kindness. Today we have been on Sugar Sands in brilliant sunshine - beautiful. We would love to come back soon. Heather, Hannah, Joseph & Martin. Chesterfield
A wonderful and stylish cottage. All the extra touches were very welcome especially the toys for the children and the champagne which we enjoyed on New Years Eve. We have stayed at many cottages and this is one of the best. Look forward to another stay here soon Dawn, Neil, Finlay, Paula, Jamie & Ellie. York & Leeds
My family and I had the pleasure of staying in Coast Cottage for a long weekend during early November 2011. The cottage is beautifully furnished throughout and very definitely feels like a luxury home from home.Its location in Longhoughton is perfect for exploring the Northumbrian Coast. In just two days, we managed to visit, Bamburgh Castle, Seahouses, Beadnell, The Farne Islands and on the way home, Beamish. It couldn't have been more perfect. Thanks also to Harvey and Carole who looked after us fantastically. The booking arrangements were a doddle and to our great delight, the house was stocked with all sorts of goodies including condiments in the cupboards, games for the children, walking guides and even bikes. We will definitely be visiting again. Thanks again. The Bond family (2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 seven year olds) Bob Bond
Beautiful cottage, great location, stunning beaches. We had a great New Year getaway in this fabulous cottage. The location is great for exploring the local Northumbria coastline and the walk down to the nearby beach was a joy. Coast Cottage has been renovated to a very high standard and was faultless. The owners Harvey and Carole were lovely. They met us when we arrived , gave us a super welcome pack and even provided some toys for our little ones. We had a great time during our stay and all agreed we had fallen a little bit in love with the area and will definitely return. Highly recommended.