Pear Tree Cottage
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
This charming, stone cottage with its own garden and pretty seating areas is everything you need in a coastal holiday home, full of country cottage chic with pretty pastels and polka dots. Awarded the 4 star, gold award by Visit Britain, it’s lovely, rural setting within the grounds of the Old Diary is the perfect base for you and your family to discover the beautiful Northumberland coast. The bridle paths on your doorstep take you down to the beautiful River Coquet, and its stunning area bursting with wildlife, with lots of outside play areas for children.
- Choose from two stylish bedrooms, both with pretty pastel soft furnishings, crisp white linen, lovely comfy beds and views across the garden.
- Each pretty, country style bedroom benefits from a luxury ensuite with a large walk in shower. (No bath)
- A lovely light and airy open plan living area, beautifully furnished with comfortable sofas, oak flooring and a wood-burning stove. The perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
- At one end of the spacious living area is a well-equipped cream country kitchen with a pretty dining table and chairs that compliment the attractive décor and beautiful soft furnishings.
Garden and outside
- Colourful flower beds surround the cottage and there is a gravelled area with table and chairs for a sunny, alfresco breakfast. To the side there is a large lawned garden and picnic table for the exclusive use of cottage guests.
- Please note this cottage is set within the grounds of the Old Dairy. The owners are on site in separate accommodation.
- In the village of Longframlington there is an award winning village shop (best rural retailer 2009), an excellent butchers and an organic coffee shop, perfect for a lazy breakfast. There are two good pubs in the village and a kids play park with a tennis court and a football pitch. There is a pretty village church with Sunday services.
- ASDA deliver groceries to the area and there is a large Sainsbury’s or Morrisons at Alnwick. If you require any in house catering contacts can be arranged.
- The village of Longframlington sits approx 20 minutes drive from Alnwick and to the heritage coast, the nearest beach being Warkworth.
- Local fishing at the River Coquet can be arranged on request.
- Guests can also enjoy FREE pool and spa membership during their stay at nearby Linden Hall Hotel.
There are some good places to eat nearby:
- The Anglers Arms at Low Weldon is a pretty coaching inn on the River Coquet. The restaurant has a very good reputation. They also do bar meals and afternoon tea with the added bonus of a children’s play area
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor is great for bar meals and Sunday lunch. It has an excellent restaurant but booking is recommended.
The Granby and the Village Inn, both within Longframlington offer good pub fare.
Places to See Nearby
- Alnwick Castle and Garden makes for a wonderful day out with lots to see.
- Cragside House and Garden – Rothbury (National Trust) was the home of Lord Armstrong and was the first electrically lit house. Some great walks around the property and events are on all summer.
- Wallington Hall – near to Morpeth (National Trust) is a superb property and could give you a whole days entertainment.
- Walkworth – visit the pretty village and spend some time on the beach or take a stroll along the river where you can row a boat to the ancient hermitage.
- Alnmouth has a wonderful beach and is approximately 20 minutes drive from Dairy Cottage.
- Brinkburn Priory (English Heritage) – an ancient priory in an enchanting setting on a loop in the river Coquet. It has a popular music festival in July.
- Luxurious linen & complementary toiletries
- 3 Flat screen TV’s
- DVD player
- Free Wi-Fi
- 2 Ipod docking stations
- Large garden and outdoor seating areas
- Outdoor furniture
- Sleeps: Up to 4 people plus cots
- Bedrooms: 1 double, 1 kingsize/twin (zip link bed)
- Bathrooms: 2 ensuite shower room (Please note there is no bath so small guests would have to be happy to use a shower.)
- Pets: No
- Disabled Access: No
- Arrival: 4-4.30pm (earlier or later by arrangement only)
- Departure: Before 10am
- Babies: Baby equipment available on request
We’ve had a fabulous week. The cottage is so pretty/warm/comfy and decor very appealing! The welcome pack was delicious and David, Lisa and Matilda so friendly – Joe could hardly bear to be parted from his ‘best friend’ Matilda. Liking the bike/Wendy house/trampoline! We’ve had great beach days at Alnmouth and Bamburgh, and really enjoyed the Castle there. Warkworth and the castle proved a lovely afternoon trip in the sun. Alnwick castle too, so much to see and do. We worked with the weather - who’d have thought we’d have sunshine in August in the UK?! We enjoyed the evenings with a glass of wine, watching the sun go down over the fields! Thank you to David, Lisa and Matilda for a lovely relaxing holiday! Hope to come back soon! Xxx P.s. Remember to check the tides on Holy Island...! P.P.S Great to have a proper cot for the baby! Suzie, Chris, Joe (aged 3) and Rosie (9 months). Baston Spa, West Yorks.
Many thanks for an extremely warm welcome – the best we have ever had. This is a beautiful cottage, location and holiday, where we hope to visit again very soon. Lee, Kerry, James and Kristen. Yorkshire.
We have had a wonderful stay in your lovely cottage. The welcome pack was much appreciated, as was the fab baby equipment. William especially loved Lotty! It has felt like a ‘home from home’ and has been the perfect base for days out, exploring Northumberland, and nights in with our new baby. We have loved meeting all the animals too! Thank you again – we will definitely be back soon! Nick, Sam and William (aged 3 months). Leeds, W Yorks
What a wonderful holiday we have had. A great location to explore lots of exciting places. The girls especially loved ‘broomstick training’ and the ‘dragon quest’ at Alnwick Castle. We loved exploring the gardens. Cragside made a lovely day out as we explored the house and gardens. Thank you for such a wonderful holiday cottage. You have made us feel so welcome and we hope to return again very soon. Many thanks. Sally, Steve, Abbie (aged 10) and Emily (aged 6). Brighouse, West Yorkshire.
Many thanks for the very warm welcome – we’ve all loved our (too short) stay in your beautiful cottage, its lovely to stay somewhere the children are so welcome too – you’ve thought of everything from child-friendly treats in the welcome pack to lovely baby equipment, especially the proper cot with beautiful bedding. We hope to return soon! Hanbridge family. Berkshire, Herts