- Booking Info
SUMMER 2018 NOW AVAILABLE ( weeks 30th June to 30th August inclusive)
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
Swallow End Award winning luxurious barn conversion set in stunning gardens in the coastal area of Northumberland
- Peaceful rural location surrounded by farmland, with easy access along pretty country lanes to the Heritage Coast
- Spectacular, circular gin gang now used as a tranquil sitting room where you can sit and take in the magnificent views over the beautiful and ancient Coquet Valley
- Free unlimited spa and leisure pool membership for guests at nearby Linden Hall Hotel
- Featured in ‘House Beautiful’ magazine for its elegant design and contemporary style
- Child and baby friendly with lots of baby equipment, available on request
- Luxurious linen and complementary toiletries from The White Company
- This is a wonderful house for a special family occasion or celebration, large and comfortable and very well equipped.
- At Christmas and New Year the house is very special, beautifully decorated with candles, wreaths and fairy-lights and a huge real Christmas tree… all that’s needed are your presents!
- An elegant and spacious country house with limestone floors and original exposed beams offering a stylish blend of traditional and contemporary décor
- There are four comfortable country style bedrooms three with kingsize beds and one small double bedroom with a 4′ 6 bed.
- The master has an ensuite shower room. There is a lovely family bathroom, with large walk in shower and rainforest head or you could simply relax and unwind by candlelight in the beautiful roll top bath
- Magnificent Gin Gang, once the original threshing barn, this spectacular circular sitting room is now the perfect place to dine or just relax on the comfortable sofas and take in the panoramic view of the beautiful Coquet Valley
- Spacious very well equipped country kitchen with range cooker and an assortment of herbs just outside your door if you fancy rustling up something delicious
- The kitchen very well equipped and with a range cooker,washer, tumble dryer and a large fridge and freezer
- Swallows End makes excellent wedding accommodation for the nearby Brinkburn Priory and was used twice in 2015 for this purpose with fantastic reviews.
- “Please convey our thanks to the owners for preparing the house so well for us, we had a fantastic time! The Gin Gan coped well with the bride, five bridesmaids, hairdresser, make up artist and two photographers and would thoroughly recommend the house for a pre – post wedding home. I also think Brinkburn Priory might contact you as we raved about the accommodation so much! ” Felicity Taylor
Swallows End sits in approximately two acres of paddocks and one quarter of an acre of private garden solely for the use of Swallows Ends’ guests.Perfect for barbeques and hide and seek!Relax and admire the far-reaching views over the Coquet valley and watch the fantastic aerial displays of the swallows during the summer months. The honey coloured sandstone of the house is the perfect back drop for the mature borders filled with roses and herbaceous plants. At the bottom of the garden in a small separate enclosure is a timber barn and stable, here you will find bicycles which you can use to enjoy a trip down the bridle path and go heron spotting on the River Coquet. There is also outdoor furniture and a barbeque stored in the barn. If you have keen fisherman in your party, day fishing can be arranged. There is private parking for three cars. Please note at certain times of the year the paddocks and stable may be in use.Please note ;There is an adjoining cottage/flat, Swallowtails, with separate entrance, garden and parking.Latest Reviews.“Great few days in a gorgeous property with great company. Thank you”Whitlock and Douglas 27/05/17“Lovely warm entertaining home. Delightful week in a super location.Thank you.”Lancashire group Roland, Elizabeth, James, Joshua and crew. 31/6/17“We have really enjoyed staying here the house is so beautiful we didn’t want to leave!Hopefully we will be back soon!!”The Garbett and Williams family 5/8/17“All the family loved staying here. Lovely accommodation.The children have really enjoyed the gardening feeding/watching the birds.The mobile wood fired pizza van which calls at the village play area was a huge success!Cragside is a must! We love Northumberland!!”12/8/17 The NewtonsLocal Amenities
In the village of Longframlington there is an award winning village shop (best rural retailer 2009) an excellent butchers and a pretty church with Sunday services.
There are two good pubs in the village’ The Granby’ and ‘The Village Inn’ both serving good food there is also another within walking distance in a picturesque setting on the river Coquet ‘The Anglers Arms’.
There is an excellent kids play park with swings and slides, tennis court and a football pitch.
Adsa and Tesco deliver groceries to the area and there is a large Sainsbury’s just outside of Alnwick. The village of Longframlington sits approx 20 minutes drive from Alnwick and the heritage coast, the nearest beach being Warkworth.
Eating Out or Eating In:
- If you would like a delicious meal on your arrival, or if you have a special occasion you intend to celebrate, excellent in-house catering can be arranged contact www.emilybotham.com for details.
- The Anglers Arms at Low Weldon is a pretty coaching inn on the River Coquet. The restaurant has a very good reputation. They also do bar meals and afternoon tea with the added bonus of a children’s play area
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor is great for bar meals and Sunday lunch. It has an excellent restaurant but booking is recommended.
- The Granby and the Village Inn, both within Longframlington offer good pub fare.
Places to see nearby
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens – a wonderful day out for all the family
- Cragside House and Garden – Rothbury (National Trust) was the home of Lord Armstrong and was the first hydro-electrically lit house. Some great walks around the property and events are on all summer
- Wallington Hall – near to Morpeth (National Trust) is a superb property and could give you a whole days entertainment
- Warkworth – visit the pretty village and spend some time on the beach or take a stroll along the river where you can row a boat to the ancient hermitage
- Alnmouth has a wonderful beach and is approximately 20 minutes drive from Swallow’s End
- Brinkburn Priory – an ancient priory in an enchanting setting on a loop in the river Coquet now a very popular wedding venue it also hosts a music festival in July
- Styled and presented to a 5 star Visit Britain standard for 2018
- Gold Award Sand and Castle
- Cottage in coastal area
- Free Spar and leisure membership to the nearby Linden Hall Hotel
- Fine linen from The White Company
- Complementary toiletries
- Stunning original features
- Wood burning Stoves
- 2 Flat Screen Tv’s
- DVD player
- Digital Radio
- Free Wi-fi
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Range Cooker
- Fridge Freezer
- Large private garden
- Parking for 3 cars
- Outdoor furniture
- By request: Baby Equipment at no extra cost
- Cot bed
- Wooden drop side Cot
- Travel cot
- High chairs
- Steam sterilizer
- Changing Unit
- Stair gates
- Please note we do not supply cot bedding
- No Smoking please
- Sleeps: Up to 7/8 + COTS
- Bedrooms: Four 3 Kingsize and 1 small double bedroom
- Pets: Yes, 2 well behaved dogs welcome (extra charge of £20 per dog)
- Disabled Access: May not be suitable for disabled persons
- Arrival: 4.30pm (later by arrangement)
- Departure: Before 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Equipment available on request. 2 X travel cots, Cot bed, 2X high chairs, Steam sterilizer, Changing Unit
- Please note dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture
The house is fantastic, everything we could possibly want. We will most certainly be back. Thank you for a lovely break, its just a shame its over!! Jon, Claire & Isobel
Fantastic house and garden which the children loved. A perfect base for a perfect holiday The Redgraves
What a fantastic place! We have had the most amazing time here for our wedding weekend.... Perfect location-Registry Office in Alnwick ..Walk up Simonside and back to the house for our evening reception. The Gin- Gan was a perfect setting for 8 adults and children to eat drink and be merry! We will be back! Thank you ...September 2013 Sam and Joss Robson-Barrie
We could not have wished for a better house or location to explore beautiful Northumberland the garden was superb for Livy 2 to run around in and Archie 11 months took his first steps in the gorgeous lounge -We have enjoyed the views and superb atmosphere this room creates. Great beaches nearby and we loved the Alnwick Treehouse great food and a truly unique setting. Thanks for a superb stay! The Tinsley Family September 2012
Best holiday property we have ever stayed in. So relaxing and luxurious. We have had a wonderful time. Spa membership was a very welcome extra. We have had a super break and love this house. 16th - 23rd July 2011... Jo, Ian, Victoria and Charlotte
Carole & Harvey Thank you for the loan of your most beautiful house! Everything is perfect & we don't want to leave. The layout and location is fantactic. The GIN Gang is just fantastic and so much living space! The garden has been a huge hit with the children. We've visited Alnwick Gardens - take swim suits for the littlies as they will get wet! Walkworth & Dunstangurgh Castles - take your wooden swords. Cragside - huge and so much to see! Craster - pretty little harbour and great for kippers & fresh crab! Places for food; Cook & Barker (Newton on th Moor) fantastic food & child friendly. The Running Fox in Felton for artisan food: bread, croissants, coffee & newspapers. Thank you. Cornfords & Stephensons