Swallowtails Cottage Longframlington
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
Swallowtails Cottage Longframlington is a stylish, bijou barn conversion situated in a peaceful rural location in the coastal area of Northumberland. With a private garden area surrounded by farmland you can sit and take in the stunning views over the beautiful and ancient Coquet Valley.
- The cottage sleeps two in a comfortable, spacious double bedroom with a kingsize bed, with crisp white linens and cosy cushions and throws and vintage furniture – there is also a pocket sprung sofa bed in living area so could sleep 4 adults overnight or for short break. (Please note there is a one off extra guest charge of £25 for use of sofa bed to cover bedding, linen and towels and extra cleaning.)
- A triple contemporary skylight in the vaulted ceiling allows light to flood in through the original beams onto the spacious living room/ kitchen – perfect to watch the swallows skim over in the summer or stargaze into the dark skies in front of the cosy log burner on a winters night.
- Beautiful country kitchen units come complete with granite and wood worktops, family sized fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine. Electric fan oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher and tumble dryer.
- There is also an attractive family bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Couples with young children are welcome and a cot or Z bed and high chair are available on request. One well behaved dog welcome (by request only).
- There is FREE membership available to guests during their stay for the spa and leisure pool at nearby Linden Hall – the membership is for 4 guests, adults or children.
Garden and outside
- There is off road parking for two cars.
- The property is annexed to Swallows End but has its own entrance, private fenced and gated garden and west facing seating areas. The property has separate utilities and central heating system and a working Log Burner.
- An adjoining large fenced and hedged lawned area to the side of the stables with picnic table and BBQ is also available for guests to use.
- In the village of Longframlington there is an award winning village shop (best rural retailer 2009) an excellent butchers and a pretty church with Sunday services.
- There are two good pubs in the village’ The Granby’ and ‘The Village Inn’ both serving good food there is also another within walking distance in a picturesque setting on the river Coquet ‘The Anglers Arms’.
- There is an excellent kids play park with swings and slides, tennis court and a football pitch.
- ASDA and Tesco deliver groceries to the area and there is a large Sainsbury’s just outside of Alnwick. The village of Longframlington sits approx 20 minutes drive from Alnwick and the heritage coast, the nearest beach being Warkworth.
- The Anglers Arms at Low Weldon is a pretty coaching inn on the River Coquet. The restaurant has a very good reputation. They also do bar meals and afternoon tea with the added bonus of a children’s play area.
- The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor is great for bar meals and Sunday lunch. It has an excellent restaurant but booking is recommended.
- The Granby and the Village Inn, both within Longframlington offer good pub fare.
Places to see nearby
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens – a wonderful day out for all the family.
- Cragside House and Garden – Rothbury (National Trust) was the home of Lord Armstrong and was the first hydro-electrically lit house. Some great walks around the property and events are on all summer.
- Wallington Hall – near to Morpeth (National Trust) is a superb property and could give you a whole days entertainment.
- Warkworth – visit the pretty village and spend some time on the beach or take a stroll along the river where you can row a boat to the ancient hermitage.
- Alnmouth has a wonderful beach and is approximately 20 minutes drive from Swallowtails.
- Brinkburn Priory – an ancient priory in an enchanting setting on a loop in the river Coquet now a very popular wedding venue it also hosts a music festival in July.
- Welcome pack on arrival including tea, coffee, sugar & milk, afternoon tea or breakfast items
- General household items I.E. dishwashing liquid and tabs, toilet rolls, bin bags and tea towels
- Complementary toiletries
- 4 Star award Sand and Castle
- FREE spa and Leisure membership to the nearby Linden Hall Hotel
- Luxury, fine linen from The White Company
- Wood burning stove
- Smart TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Electric Cooker and ceramic hob
- Washer and Dryer
- Family size Fridge/Freezer
- Private fenced and gated garden area and shared lawned BBQ area
- Parking for 2 cars
- Outdoor furniture
- Z/Bed by request
- Wooden cot
- Sleeps: 2 people plus sofa bed
- Bedrooms: 1 king-size, cot and z bed available
- Pets: One well behaved dog (extra charge £20) not allowed on beds or furniture
- Disabled Access: No
- Smoking: No
- Arrival: 4pm (later by arrangement)
- Departure: 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books available on request.
- Babies: Baby equipment available on request. I.E. Travel cot and high chair (Please note we do not supply cot bedding)
Swallowtails Cottage Longframlington