Swallowtails Cottage Longframlington
- Booking Info
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage
- Swallowtails cottage Longframlington is a stylish bijou barn conversion in a peaceful rural location in the coastal area of Northumberland
- Surrounded by farmland and stunning views over the coquet valley with easy access along pretty country lanes to the Heritage Coast
- Private garden area where you can sit and take in the magnificent views over the beautiful and ancient Coquet Valley
- Free unlimited spa and leisure pool membership for guests at nearby Linden Hall Hotel
- Child and baby friendly with baby equipment, available on request
- Luxurious linen and complementary toiletries
Swallowtails cottage (newly converted Sept 2017) is comfortable and well equipped barn conversion providing a luxury self catering bolthole in the heart of the beautiful and ancient Coquet valley, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
This is a great central location for exploring the Northumberland Heritage coast and countryside.
Swallowtails is located in the small farming hamlet of Low Town 15 minutes walk from the village of Longframlington.
It is a peaceful and rural area surrounded by farmland with easy access along pretty country lanes to the nearest beach (Warkworth approx 15 minutes drive)
The cottage sleeps two in a comfortable double bedroom with Kingsize bed, there is also a pocket sprung sofa bed in living area so could sleep 4 adults overnight or for short break.
Please note there is a one off extra guest charge of £25 for use of sofa bed to cover bedding, linen and towels and extra cleaning
The spacious bedroom has a kingsized bed with crisp white linens and cosy cushions and throws, vintage furniture and finds complete the room.
A triple contemporary skylight in the vaulted ceiling allows light to flood in through the original beams onto the spacious living room/ kitchen.
Perfect to watch the swallows skim over in the summer or stargaze into the dark skies in front of the cosy log burner on a winters night.
Beautiful country kitchen units come complete with granite and wood worktops, family sized fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine. Electric fan oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher and tumble dryer.
There is an attractive family bathroom with bath/shower over.
Couples with young children are welcome and a cot or Z bed and high chair are available on request. One well behaved dog welcome (by request only).
There is free membership available to guests during their stay for the spa and leisure pool at nearby Linden Hall, the membership is for 4 guests adults or children.
The cottage has free wifi.
Linen and towels and toiletries are supplied with the let.
Starter of general household items i.e. dishwashing liquid and tabs, toilet rolls, bin bags and Tea towels are supplied
Coffee, Tea and sugar and a choice of welcome basket of afternoon tea items or breakfast items
There is off road parking for two cars.
The property is annexed to Swallows End but has its own entrance, private fenced and gated garden and west facing seating areas. The property has separate utilities and central heating system and a working Log Burner.
An adjoining large fenced and hedged lawned area to the side of the stables with picnic table and BBQ is also available for guests to use.
In the village of Longframlington there is an award winning village shop (best rural retailer 2009) an excellent butchers and a pretty church with Sunday services.
There are two good pubs in the village’ The Granby’ and ‘The Village Inn’ both serving good food there is also another within walking distance in a picturesque setting on the river Coquet ‘The Anglers Arms’.
There is an excellent kids play park with swings and slides, tennis court and a football pitch.
Adsa and Tesco deliver groceries to the area and there is a large Sainsbury’s just outside of Alnwick. The village of Longframlington sits approx 20 minutes drive from Alnwick and the heritage coast, the nearest beach being Warkworth.
The Anglers Arms at Low Weldon is a pretty coaching inn on the River Coquet. The restaurant has a very good reputation. They also do bar meals and afternoon tea with the added bonus of a children’s play area
The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor is great for bar meals and Sunday lunch. It has an excellent restaurant but booking is recommended.
The Granby and the Village Inn, both within Longframlington offer good pub fare.
Places to see nearby
Alnwick Castle and Gardens – a wonderful day out for all the family
Cragside House and Garden – Rothbury (National Trust) was the home of Lord Armstrong and was the first hydro-electrically lit house. Some great walks around the property and events are on all summer
Wallington Hall – near to Morpeth (National Trust) is a superb property and could give you a whole days entertainment
Warkworth – visit the pretty village and spend some time on the beach or take a stroll along the river where you can row a boat to the ancient hermitage
Alnmouth has a wonderful beach and is approximately 20 minutes drive from Swallowtails
Brinkburn Priory – an ancient priory in an enchanting setting on a loop in the river Coquet now a very popular wedding venue it also hosts a music festival in July
- 4 Star award Sand and Castle
- Free spa and Leisure membership to the nearby Linden Hall Hotel
- Fine linen from The White Company
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Complementary toiletries
- Coffee tea sugar milk on arrival
- Towels and tea towels supplied
- Household items on arrival toilet rolls, dishwashing tablets,walking up liquid etc
- Original features
- Wood burning stove
- Smart TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Well equipped kitchen
- Electric Cooker and ceramic hob
- Washer and Dryer
- Family size Fridge/Freezer
- Private fenced and gated garden area and shared lawned BBQ area
- Parking for 2 cars
- Outdoor furniture
- Z/Bed by request
- By request Baby equipment (no charge)
- Wooden cot
- Travel cot
- High chair
- Please note we do not supply cot bedding
- No smoking please
- Sleeps: 2 people plus sofa bed
- Bedrooms: 1 king-size, cot and z bed available
- Pets: One well behaved dog (extra charge £20) not allowed on beds or furniture
- Disabled Access: No
- Arrival: 4pm (later by arrangement)
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Travel Cot and High Chair
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV DVD Free Wifi