- Booking Info
Why we love this luxury holiday cottage!
- This beautifully renovated 18th century stone cottage full of character and charm, nestles down a picturesque lane in the delightful coastal village of Bamburgh
- Fabulous location next to the village cricket pitch and just two minutes walk to the beautiful beach, Bamburgh village and golf course
- Luxurious 5 star gold accredited cottage boasting truly stunning views, from the terrace and the cottage windows, of Bamburgh’s magnificent castle
- From invigorating coastal walks to long relaxing beach days you will be perfectly positioned for exploring the very best Northumberland has to offer
- A perfect romantic retreat for couples as well as an idyllic getaway for families who love to have the beach on their doorstep
- Child and baby friendly with baby equipment available on request
- Two beautiful bedrooms one kingsize, one twin/ superking ( please request when booking), both decorated in a lovely french country style, with pretty painted furniture and gorgeous soft furnishings. Lovely comfy beds with crisp white linen and soft fluffy towels complete the 5 star experience. Both bedrooms have wall mounted flat screen televisions and radio
- There are two luxurious spa style bathrooms to relax in after a long day on the beach, the double room has an adjoining bathroom with both bath and walk in shower, whilst the twin room benefits from an en-suite shower room with basin and wc
- A stunning lounge/dining room is at the centre of the cottage, decorated in a contemporary coastal style with pale distressed oak furniture, including a large dining table at one end. Lovely squashy sofas, masses of books and pieces of coastal art give it a wonderful relaxing atmosphere. With the log burner roaring this is the perfect cottage for winter as well as summer visits
- The high spec well equipped kitchen is a joy to cook in, from the granite tops to the large window with its views towards the beach. Everything you could possibly want has been thought of, the kitchen has Neff electric cooker and hob, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- The cottage has two private terraces with views one to the front and one to the rear, both perfect for alfresco dining or evening barbecues. The outside of the cottage presents a lovely picture with roses round the door, mature shrubs and pots bursting with fresh herbs and colourful flowers. Both terraces are gated and enclosed by a picket fence.
- The front of Pepperclose cottage faces south and has a south facing terrace with outdoor table and chairs, there is also a larger terrace accessed by the kitchen door to the rear of the cottage, also with outdoor table and chairs. From here there are views towards the castle and the beach .
- Open the gate at the rear of the cottage, relax and breathe in the sea air, a soft grassy path carpeted with wild flowers takes you down towards the dunes and the beach. Or take a walk up to the rocky plateau where the castle keeps its timeless watch over the beautiful Northumbrian coastline and take in the fabulous view.
- As the village cricket pitch is only a stone’s throw away, spend a lazy afternoon watching, helped along with perhaps a picnic and a glass of bubbly… perfect!
- Parking for one car to the front of the cottage and one in the lane, there is also parking in the nearby car park
Bamburgh is one of the prettiest coastal villages in Northumberland.
Its magnificent castle ( once the Royal seat of the ancient Kings of Northumbria) in its spectacular location above what is undoubtedly one of the finest beaches in England, make it a popular destination for visitors. Even so it still remains unspoilt with its pretty stone cottages and a picturesque village green. There is a fine 13th century church, St Aiden’s where the Victorian heroine Grace Darling is commemorated, the church holds regular services.Bamburgh benefits from a goods range of shops, excellent pubs, restaurants, coffee houses and tea rooms and lies in an area of outstanding natural beauty.A larger range of shops are available at nearby Seahouses along with some traditional seaside entertainment and some fantastic fish and chip shops.There is a large Sainsbury’s in a convenient location just outside the busy market town of AlnwickThere are some wonderful golf courses available to visitors The Bamburgh Castle course is within walking distance of the cottage but there are many others within easy reach along the coast. Horse riding and cycle hire are also available nearby.
There are some fine pubs and restaurants located within Bamburgh and many more in the surrounding area. There is a comprehensive list with phone numbers left in the cottage but here are a few of our favourites!
- Victoria Hotel, Bamburgh. A relaxed setting and good food in the Brasserie.
- Old Ship, Seahouses. A real old nautical pub and a strong recommendation for a realy authentic fishermen’s Inn. This pub is is veritable museum of old fishing paraphernalia collected by fisherman over the last 50 years. The lunches are simple but wholesome and there are some great beers on tap.
- The very unusual Tree House restaurant in the Alnwick Garden, with its magical setting high up in the treetops uses all local sourced produce and organic meats
- The Ship Inn, Low Newton. Popular little pub on one of the best beaches fantastic location great food and even brews its own beer in a tiny brewery next to the pub!
- The White Swan Pub and Brasserie at Lucker small traditional pub with pretty garden and excellent food
Places to See Nearby
- A trip to the nearby Holy Island of Lindisfarne is a must
- From Seahouses take a boat trip to the Farne Islands and spend the day with seals and puffins
- Alnwick Castle and its magnificent Garden makes for a wonderful day out with lots to see.
- Howick Hall is a fine Grade II * listed house with lovely extensive coastal gardens, said to be one of the best coastal gardens in Britain
- Walkworth, Alnmouth and Embleton are just some of the lovely coastal villages just waiting for a visit, all have wonderful beaches
- Gold Award from Visit Britain and Sand and Castle
- Cottage in coastal location
- Fine linen and towels
- Welcome pack of wine local honey and cake
- Luxury bathrooms
- Wood burning Stove
- Period Features
- Flat Screen Tv’s x 3
- ipod docking station
- DVD player
- 4 Digital radios
- Free Wi-fi
- Well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Neff electric cooker and hob
- Parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed terrace garden (front and back)
- Outdoor furniture ( front and back)
- Sleeps: 4 people plus cots
- Bedrooms: 1 King-size, 1 Twin/ superking please request when booking
- Pets: No
- Disabled Access: No
- Arrival: 4pm
- Departure: Before 10am
- Children: Toys, games and books available
- Babies: Equipment available on request. Cot and high chair
- Entertainment: 2 Flat screen TVs, DVD player, Wifi
Truly the best holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. Facilities, equipment and welcome package all made us very much at home. Superb location
The cottage is idyllic - perfect location for us all (our two children under 4 years love the playground). The property was spotless and the decor beautiful and practical. We felt at home immediately. We have stayed in Bamburgh every year since 1995 and this is by far the best accommodation. Thank you also for your attention to detail and care which have made our holiday so special.
Amazing - 10 out of 10 - can't say more! First impression was - wow what a gem of a cottage, without doubt the nicest cottage we've every stayed in and we've been all over the world. The decor and fittings are unbelievable, so very tasteful. The thoughfulness and care put into ensuring your guests enjoy their stay at Pepperclose Cottage is second to none. Everywhere was immaculate. We only found one problem - a great reluctance to leave!
Perfect. We have never stayed at a cottage so well equipped, clean and very comfortable. The location to the beach, cricket green and village is excellent. I don't want to leave. Our second visit and the cottage is as lovely, homely and as comfortable as ever. This place is brilliantly well equipped with fabulous attention to detail and really you couldn't provide a better place. Others should come and follow your example in the holiday lets business.
Thank you for making our first holiday in months and months something which all our holidays will be measured against. First impressions - bigger than the photos suggest, properly luxurious (not just "for show") and very comfortable. Lovely welcome of cake (delish!), wine, flowers and honey. Super clean and tidy and fab location. Probably the best place we've stayed.
This is one of the nicest self catering cottages I have experienced, if not the nicest! A convenient, beautiful spot on the North Sea with lovely communities close by. The cottage has every amenity available plus the decor is very tastefully done. It's obvious someone truly cares about the comfort and convenience of the guests and it shows. Well done - fresh flowers and fruit cake much appreciated.